Friday, May 2, 2008

Trailer wiring

Today I worked on the trailer wiring. Ever since we got the Airstream the taillights have been screwed up. The reverse lights were the taillights and there were no running or clearance lights on at all. It turns out that the main problem was the wiring in my truck. The PO did a horrible job of wiring up the 7 blade connector. There were actually 2 of them and neither of them worked right.

I bought a new 7 blade connector with the LED brake lights in it and installed it:


Everything works great now except the taillights, running lights and clearance lights. There appears to be a short in the trailer somewhere, I know that I wired the connector correctly but every time I turn the lights on with the trailer attached I blow a fuse. This is not going to be fun trying to track down the short.


The other thing I did today was to replace the old fridge with a nice stainless one I got. It's a few inches shorter but I think it looks much better.

No comments: